WINTER FLY FISHING
If you find yourself thirsting to land trout during the winter we offer guided winter fly fishing trips for the die-hard angler.
Since the days are short and the mornings and evenings can be brutally cold, with winter fly fishing trips we typically host half-day, mid-day trips - think "bankers hours." Our winter fly fishing season begins in November and continues into March.
Fishing in Colorado during the snowy days of winter you may be rewarded with trophy size trout. Much of the fishable water on our winter fly fishing trips is limited to tail waters, but the lack of fishing pressure causes the trophy trout to spread throughout the river. Primarily, we will sight fish to the monster trout with micro size nymphs. Warmer winter fly fishing days can produce BWO and midge hatches.
So, if you are looking for a change of pace from the long lift lines and icy ski trails, consider an alternative plan of action. A guided fly fishing trip with us on the Blue River, the Williams Fork River, or the Colorado River might just be the highlight of your "ski vacation."
Reservation and Cancellation Policies:
* A 50% deposit is required to make a winter trip reservation.
* Deposit amounts are fully refundable outside of 7 days of your reservation date.
* Cancellations or date changes within 7 days of your reservation date will result in the loss of your deposit.
* We fish rain, shine or snow. If conditions are deemed too dangerous to fish, a full refund will be issued.
Waivers and Declaimers:
* There is inherent risk in taking a guided trip.
* Anyone under 18 being is considered to be a minor.
* A signed waiver is required for each client. Minor Waivers must be signed, without exception, by either a Parent or Legal Guardian. Friends of the family cannot sign the waiver for a minor.
*All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.