Born in Maryland, Allen grew up running a variety of the rivers throughout the mid-Atlantic states. As soon as he realized the east coast was not for him, he headed west to Colorado. After a few misspent years working for the resorts of Summit County, Allen became a whitewater rafting guide and a passion for taking guests into the wild was born. Later, a love of fly fishing and boating became a major driving influence in his life. All of which conspired to bring Allen to Cutthroat Anglers. Allen's boating mastery, years of fly fishing experience, rapier wit and local charm combine to make Allen one of our most requested guides
If you can't find Allen on one of the many rivers in Colorado, the next best place to look would be the Pallavicini chair at Arapahoe Basin, trying to solve the mystery as to why anyone would want to telemark ski.
- Originally From: Westminster, Maryland
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: Any place the wife is willing to row the boat.
- Most Used Rod, Reel and Line: G. Loomis NRX, Ross Evolution, Rio Grande.
- Favorite Movie Quote: "we're gonna need a bigger boat"
- Destinations Fished: CO, WY, UT, NM, AZ, MT, AK, PA, MD, NY, MA, FL,ID Mexico, Bahamas, Belize.