Brandon first began fishing in the Atlantic Ocean and in small lakes and streams across the Northeast at the age of 4. Growing up chasing everything from sunfish and perch to tuna he landed at Colorado College years later where he started his fly fishing career. He joined the Cutthroat Anglers team in 2010.
Always up for some exploring, he's constantly ready to fish new water. Brandon's relaxed and patient demeanor coupled with his sense of humor make him a great teacher and guide, and enjoyable to spend time with on the water.
In the winter he spends his time performing avalanche control work at Winter Park Resort, and traveling the West in search of the deepest turns possible.
- The Basics: Brandon Omahen, 31, East Coast
- Nickname: Moonbeam, Purveyor of the Stratosphere
- Favorite River: The Colorado (but the Roaring Fork holds a special spot as well)
- Favorite Fly: The Dungeon
- Favorite Fly to Tie: Pat's Rubber Leg (the pickle)
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Sage One, Lamson Guru with Rio Gold WF6F
- Boat(s): Hyde 16' Aluminum High side and Down River 13' raft w/ San Juan Frame
- Gear: Simms G3's all the way around
- Beverage of Choice: Coffee, Water, Busch to end the day
- Destinations Fished: Colorado, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Florida, Belize, Alaska
- Favorite Guiding Story: After a night out on the town, Four of us (one was even taller than me) spent the night in a two-door rental car in the fly shop parking lot. A very close night, and we can just leave it at that.