Matt "Wheels" Weiler grew up fishing on the Great Lakes of Wisconsin. He fished every day that the weather allowed. As a youngin, Matt funded his passion for fishing with a paper route. When he was old enough for a “real job” he chose, shocker, the fishing guide and fly shop trades. Matt is not only one of the top guides in Colorado; he is one of the most knowledgeable retail experts in the fly fishing business. It was after Matt moved to Colorado in 1994 that his passion for fishing grew into an obsession with fly fishing. Matt loves to catch any fish with fins, from freshwater to saltwater and is obsessed with tarpon fishing. He has been fly fishing for almost 20 years and his strengths are his patience and knowledge of the area. The thing that he strives for on every trip is to have fun.
- Originally From: Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: The Colorado
- Favorite Place on Earth: Florida Keys and Venice, Louisiana
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: 5wt Clutch Fluent, Hatch 4Plus with 5wt Rio Gold fly line
- Favorite Movie Quote: “There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.” - Goldmember
- Destinations Fished: CO, WY, UT, ID, NM, TX