Reed might be one of those guys born with a fly rod in his hand. In fact, he was born while his parents were fly-fishing the Lammer River in Austria. Reed grew up plying the waters of New England for striped bass, bluefish, and false albacore. He has since traveled across the globe in search of a tight line. Before arriving in Colorado, Reed guided expeditions in northern Canada for 7 years in pursuit of landlocked salmon, brook trout, and undiscovered canoe routes. A career in ski patrolling brought him to our doorstep, and he has been a mainstay of our staff ever since.
Reed is the guide who will do anything it takes to get clients on fish. To this end, if you are fishing with him, you’ll know you’re headed to the best fishing. His professional approach to guiding pairs well with his lighthearted demeanor—you’ll swear you’re fishing with a friend of many years.
Reed spends his winter ski patrolling at Copper Mountain. He lives in Silverthorne with his wife, daughter, and neurotic black lab.
Reed Ryan Quick Facts:
- Originally From: Darien, CT
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: Middle Colorado River
- Favorite Place on Earth: Sakami River, Quebec
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: TFO BVK 5 wt, Ross Evolution, Rio Perception Line.
- Movie Quote: "It's Spaceball One.... they've gone to plaid!" -Spaceballs
- Destinations Fished: Belize, Chile, Bahamas, Florida Keys, Montana, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Labrador, Quebec.