STILL WATER FLOAT TRIPS IN COLORADO
Fishing for Trout
During certain times of year, many of the local still waters turn into the most productive fisheries in the state (especially when the rivers are swollen due to run-off). Still water floats with anglers fishing for trout offer a relaxing atmosphere that is suddenly shattered by the screaming of your reel's drag as a monster trout peels away line. The serene setting quickly turns into a chaotic dance as you jockey for the upper hand on the 24-inch trout.
If you love fly fishing in Breckenridge, we offer guided fishing trips on Spinney Mountain Reservoir, Williams Fork Reservoir, and Antero Reservoir. These reservoirs hold massive trout that arguably pull harder than any other trout in the state. Fishing for trout measuring over 24-inches are a regular occurrence. The Williams Fork is primarily a Northern Pike fishery, and many local anglers claim the next state record Pike will be caught here. We also offer private water still water options for you to enjoy fly fishing in Breckenridge with your friends or family. Our lake float trips are full day (8 hour) trips.
Still Water Float Trip Prices
1 angler = $375
2 anglers = $425
- Flies and a 5% land use fee are not included in the above prices. We offer an unlimited fly package for $25 per person
limit 2 anglers
- Lunch is provided on full day still water trips (please see lunch menu below)
A still water float is the perfect choice for anglers looking to improve their casting skills while fly fishing in Breckenridge. These trips also provide a perfect training ground to learn the proper techniques to fight and land monster trout. Be prepared to match the hatch, while you cast to cruising trout as they sip dry flies on the flats. If the trout are holding in deeper water, we usually target them with deep nymph rigs. Fishing for trout is a skill and with our fly fishing guides you will be learning from the best.
Reservation and Cancellation Policies:
* A 50% deposit is required to make a still water float trip reservation.
* Deposit amounts are fully refundable outside of 7 days of your reservation date.
* Cancellations or date changes within 7 days of your reservation date will result in loss of the deposit.
* We fish rain or shine. If conditions are deemed too dangerous to fish, a full refund will be issued.
Waivers and Declaimers:
* There is inherent risk in taking a guided trip.
* Anyone under 18 being is considered to be a minor.
* A signed waiver is required for each client. Minor Waivers must be signed, without exception, by either a Parent or Legal Guardian. Friends of the family cannot sign the waiver for a minor.
* All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
** We are a Licensed Colorado River Outfitter-Permits Issued by Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Bureau of Land Management.