Matt "Wheels" Weiler grew up fishing on the Great Lakes of Wisconsin. He fished every day that the weather allowed. As a young'un, Matt funded his passion for fishing with a paper route. When he was old enough for a “real job” he chose, shocker, the fishing guide and fly shop trades. Matt is not only one of the top guides in Colorado; he is one of the most knowledgeable retail experts in the fly fishing business. It was after Matt moved to Colorado in 1994 that his passion for fishing grew into an obsession with fly fishing. Matt loves to catch any fish with fins, from freshwater to saltwater and is obsessed with tarpon and redfish. He has been fly fishing for almost 20 years and his strengths are his patience and knowledge of the area. The thing that he strives for on every trip is to have fun. Little known fact, Matt is also smooth with the ladies.
- Hometown: Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: The Colorado
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Sage X 5/6wt, Nautilus NV 5/6 with 5wt Rio Gold fly line
- Destinations Fished: CO, WY, UT, ID, NM, TX
- When I’m Not Fishing I am fishing.
- I love to fish Colorado because of big brown trout.