Hunting whitetails and fishing for trout while growing up in the hills of West Virginia instilled in Mr. Joyce a lifelong love for the outdoors and appreciation for the beauty of game and fish. While learning how to fly fish at young age Tim didn’t really embrace the sport until moving to Colorado in the winter of 2007. He’s had his fly rods in his truck ready to go ever since! In 2015 Tim parted ways with the corporate world and set about his dream of becoming a guide by attending a hunting and fly fishing guide school in Montana. In May 2016 Tim completed Cutthroat Anglers Guide School and was offered a position on the guide staff, where he has been ever since. Tim’s passion for the sport of fly fishing is evident every time he is on the water. Whenever he is not fishing you will find him preparing for the upcoming hunting season or enjoying the snow covered slopes.
- Hometown: Vienna, WV
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: Upper Colorado River
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Sage Pulse 6wt, Lamson – Force SL II, Rio Perception WF6F
- Destinations Fished: Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Lake Erie, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia
- When I’m Not Fishing I’m hunting.
- I love to fish Colorado because trout don’t live in ugly places.