Reed might be one of those guys born with a fly rod in his hand. In fact, he was born while his parents were fly-fishing the Lammer River in Austria. Reed grew up plying the waters of New England for striped bass, bluefish, and false albacore. He has since traveled across the globe in search of a tight line. Before arriving in Colorado, Reed guided expeditions in northern Canada for 7 years in pursuit of landlocked salmon, brook trout, and undiscovered canoe routes. A career in ski patrolling brought him to our doorstep, and he has been a mainstay of our staff ever since. Reed’s professional approach to guiding pairs well with his lighthearted demeanor—you’ll swear you’re fishing with a friend of many years. Reed is a member of the R. L. Winston pro staff. In 2019, Reed took the reins as Head Guide for Cutthroat Anglers.
- Hometown: Darien, CT
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: Middle Colorado River
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Winston Air 5 wt, Ross Evolution, SA Amplitude Infinity.
- Destinations Fished: Belize, Chile, Bahamas, Keys, Montana, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Labrador, Quebec, Argentina.
- When I’m Not Fishing I spend the winter ski patrolling. I also spend time with my daughter and black lab Edna.
- I love to fish Colorado because on any given day, there is a trip of a lifetime out there.