Matt developed his fly fishing skills early in life fishing the lakes, ponds, and rivers of upstate New York, Connecticut and Vermont. He cannot remember a time when fishing was not in his life. His Mother is famous for telling everyone “He came out with a fishing pole in his hand.” In 1998, and hungry for bigger mountains to ski and new rivers to explore, he moved to Colorado and has been chasing our trout ever since. “Colorado has twelve months of great fishing each year, that’s why I moved here.” If you fished well over 100 days a year for almost 20 years in Colorado and share a passion for catching fish every month of the year, then you'd be Matt Campanella!
- Hometown: “Fish” kill, NY
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: I can’t tell you, but there’s golden trout in there!
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: TFO BVK & Prism
- Destinations Fished: California, Connecticut, Colorado, Kentucky, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming as well as a several international trips to La Lima River, Italy and Cabo San Lucas.
- When I’m Not Fishing I eat, Sleep and dream of fishing. Enjoying time with my wife, whether we are rafting or exploring Colorado in our RV, the trout are never far.
- I love to fish Colorado because it's home and it has taught me so many lessons. I've been exploring for 20+ years and every year I pull trout from new waters. Someday I'll fish it all and maybe, just maybe I'll move on to another state