Known affectionately as “Jimi O” by friends in Summit County, Hajime Omori was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. Jimi moved to Kremmling, Colorado in 1986 and became a professional fly fishing guide at Elktrout Lodge. For the past 20+ years he has guided in Colorado, Montana, Idaho and Yellowstone National Park. Jimi’s extensive knowledge of Western Fly Fishing combined with his easygoing demeanor and contagious smile always make for a great day on the water. Jimi is also the inventor and owner of Ninja Strike Indicators. This innovative product provides convenience and flexibility for anglers fishing with nymphs. We are proud to sell these products in our shop or you can purchase them online at NinjaFlyFishing.com
- Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: Colorado River
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Scott Rods/Ross Reels/Rio Line
- Destinations Fished: West in the US and Japan
- When I’m Not Fishing I enjoy spending time with my wife, Ryoko, and daughter, May.
- I love to fish Colorado because Colorado has more versatility, from the small mountain creeks to the large floatable rivers that’s why I like Colorado!