We think Mitch started guiding in Summit County before history was recorded on paper. Mitch’s exploits may have first appeared in Izaak Walton’s Complete Angler – a book first published in 1652 that contains the first known detailed text about fly fishing. While we cannot vouch for the fairy tale components of his past, we do know that Mitch has the local waters flowing through his veins. Mitch fills his free time remodeling his house and playing in local hockey leagues. Mitch is known for his exceptional local fishing knowledge. At times, you will swear he is fluent in fish-jargon – a specialized vocabulary unique to his biorhythms and natural instincts of the trout. Couple that with a great personality and you will quickly understand why many of his repeat clients have tried to steal Mitch as their full-time, personal guide.
- Hometown: Edina, MN
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: It's a moving target. In a boat, floating down a river
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: G.Loomis 9' 6-weight GLX Classic, Lamson Lightspeed #3, Rio Grand WF6F
- Destinations Fished: The Rockies (mostly Colorado, Idaho and Montana), Ireland, the Kvichak, the Naknek and the Alagnak in Alaska, the Bow River near Calgary, Turneffe Flats in Belize, Guanaja in Honduras, Dean River BC, White River in Arkansas, Louisiana (near Paris), various small streams in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- When I’m Not Fishing I like to spend lots of time with my way better half, prepare and cook meals (with an appropriate cocktail, of course), work on my golf swing, tie flies and relax.....so this aging boy of a man can fish again tomorrow!
- I love to fish Colorado because of our access to so many rivers. From mid-February to mid-November, one of our rivers (or lakes) will very likely provide solid fishing action. And should I run into a tough day on the water? Hey, I just take a good look around, smile, and marvel