Jared started fishing before he could remember, with his grandpa "Chick's" Zebco 33 on the lakes and rivers of Iowa. He soon moved into the fly rod and was hooking panfish and trout on the rivers of Northeast Iowa. After time moved onto bigger things like pike. At the young age of 10, Jared's mom dropped a log on his head and he somehow retained the ability to cast and fish. Jared moved Summit County Colorado in 1991 and up to Jackson Hole Wyoming then back again to Colorado in 1996.
- Hometown: Des Moines, IA
- Favorite Local Fishing Spot: The Colorado and Taylor River
- Most Used Rod, Reel & Line: Scott Flex 9 ft 6 weight, Lamson Guru II, Scientific Anglers Amplitude
- Destinations Fished: Italy, Austria, France, St. Thomas, Cozumel, Canada, Lake McConaughy Nebraska, Lake Vermillion Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Iowa, Idaho
- When I’m Not Fishing I’m tying flies, tuning skis and cooking.
- I love to fish Colorado because John Denver plays in my head when I’m fishing.