COLORADO FLY FISHING FLOAT TRIPS
The float trip is our most popular guide trip option because anglers fishing in Colorado will cover miles of river that are often inaccessible to the wading public.
Colorado fly fishing float trips with Cutthroat Anglers are hosted in rafts and McKenzie style drift boats. Because we offer both types of boats, we can float a wider variety of rivers and flow conditions to keep you safely on the water during peak fishing periods. Drift boats offer a more comfortable fishing environment for Colorado fly fishing. However, a raft can better, and more safely, navigate extremes in water flows (high and low); often reducing competing boat traffic and, consequently, giving you plenty of uncrowded water to fish for the day.
More Float Guide Water Than Any Other Outfitter in Colorado
Cutthroat Anglers has become synonymous with Colorado Float Fishing with a fly rod. We are permitted to float guide on more miles of water than any other outfitter in the state. Our anglers can float fish over 70 miles on the mighty Colorado River, over 40 miles on the quick paced Arkansas River, and another 26+ miles on the Roaring Fork River.
Though each river has its own, distinct characteristics. All of our float trips pass through a mixture of ranchlands and canyonlands. On each Colorado fly fishing excursion you will also float through many private stretches of land that are inaccessible to the average angler without a drift boat. The trout holding in these private stretches see minimal fishing pressure, making them less wary and easier to catch (most of the time!). Alternatively, certain floats flow through more public land than private land, giving anglers the chance to anchor the boat and wade fish prime holding water to increase your chance of hook ups. Each river features Class I, II or III rapids, so a thrilling ride often accompanies prime fishing in Colorado.
Don't be shy about talking to your guide. Let him know what kind of a trip you want for the day. If you want to do some wade fishing, let him know. If you want to stay in the boat all day, like I do, let him know. Getting you into fish, keeping you happy and comfortable, and maintaining your safety are your guide's primary priorities during your day on the water. Somewhere on the 130 miles of water we float fish will be the perfect stretch of water for you. It's waiting for you right now.
Trips Customized to Your Schedule and Current Conditions
Our Colorado fly fishing float trips are fully customizable depending on local hatches and your schedule. When you come fishing in Colorado we want you on the water when the fish are feeding. So, if your schedule permits, we will tailor the trip to maximize your time on the water during the best hatches.
Float Trip Prices
1 angler = $425
2 anglers = $475
- Flies and a 5% land use fee are not included in the above prices. We offer an unlimited fly package for $25 per person.
Limit 2 anglers per boat
Lunch is provided on all full day trips (please see menu at the bottom of this page)
The Colorado fly fishing float trip ranks at the top of the list of options for our guides on their day off. Simply floating down the river is a rejuvenating experience, and when coupled with the fantastic fishing environments available to float trips, you will soon find that fishing in Colorado from the bow of a drift boat is now your preferred fishing platform.
Reservation and Cancellation Policies:
* A 50% deposit is required to make a guided float trip reservation.
* Deposit amounts are fully refundable outside of 7 days of your reservation date.
* Cancellations or date changes within 7 days of your reservation date will result in loss of the deposit.
* We fish rain or shine. If conditions are deemed too dangerous to fish, a full refund will be issued.
Waivers and Declaimers:
* There is inherent risk in taking a guided trip.
* Colorado State Law requires PFD's to be worn and secured at all times while in the boat.
* Anyone under 18 being is considered to be a minor.
* A signed waiver is required for each client. Minor Waivers must be signed, without exception, by either a Parent or Legal Guardian. Friends of the family cannot sign the waiver for a minor.
* All or part of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
** We are a Licensed Colorado River Outfitter-Permits Issued by Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Bureau of Land Management.